Early Bird Gets the Worm 2

Some non morning people may be curious about how my weekend went.  Did I get up early? Yes, it was not easy but I did get up.

Friday night I tried convincing myself that I had no reason to get up early on Saturday. I did not plan to work so why not just sleep in. My youngest son kept waking up in the middle of night. So it was a restless night. When the 6 o'clock alarm went off my husband slipped out of bed and turned it off. Even though I did not get up at 6:00 am, I was up earlier then usual at 7:00 am. To me that was still a success. 

Saturday night I had some of the same feelings. Why would I get up early on the weekend? Yet, I did get up at 6:00 am. I can not lie and say that I was not tired. In fact Sunday morning I just sat in my chair and played games on my phone and checked my Facebook. 

I did realize one thing. No matter what time I get up in the morning, I need some time to get going. So getting up early is actually a good thing for me. By the time 8:00 to 9:00 comes around I am feeling more alive. When I wake up at 7:45 (my old schedule) I am not awake till almost 10:30 am. 

Have you decided to try and wake up early too? If you have share with me how it is going. 

Here are some tips I found are helping me to wake up.

1. Set the alarm away from the bed so you have to get up to turn it off. 

2. Have a plan for the morning. If you do not have anything to do you will not want to wake up. Plan something interesting. 

3. Turn on all the lights in the house so that it wakes you up.