Twelve Unlikely Heroes by John MacArthur


   
I am more of a fictional book reader but I thought I would give John MacArthur’s book Twelve Unlikely Heroes a try. I have heard that he is a good author and this book sounded very interesting. When I started reading it I was slightly disappointed that the book seemed to lack personality and basically was retelling accounts in the Bible and suggesting why they were important. It also seemed like some assumptions were added into the book that I don’t if they were necessary. I have to agree with some other reviewers that it seems like a good devotional book but it is hard to figure out the best audience for this read. I love to read about Biblical characters and I thought the book was overall a fine read. It was interesting to see what people he had choose as unlikely Heroes. I personally think that most people from the Bible are in some sort are unlikely heroes in their own ways. So it would be easy to agree with any of his choices. This book did not seem to flow very well but I am also a big fan of fiction and non-fiction is not my favorite style of reading as I said before. Overall I thought this was a decent book and I would recommend it if you want some more background and studying on people in the Bible.
 I was given this book from booksneeze.com to provide my own personal review.

Labels: