This Scarlet Cord by Joan Wolf


I picked this book because I am a huge fan of Historical fiction. I just recently started reading Biblical fiction and it is very hard for me because I tend to judge it harshly. I have to keep in mind that this is a FICTIONAL story. The author uses her best resources to bring a person we don’t know much about in the Bible to a more familiar figure. Even though I don’t know if I completely agree with the storyline and how Rahab’s story may have truly been like I really felt like I was there in biblical times watching events I am familiar with unfold.

 This Scarlet Cord is about Rahab starting with her childhood. She was almost sold into slavery but was saved by a young boy whom she happens to meet back up with in her later years in the city of Jericho. It is there they find out they have true feelings for each other. However many things are happening in Jericho such as a festival for baal their pagan god. Rahab soon finds herself being summoned by the king to take the place in a sacred marriage ceremony where there is only one way out, she must trust in the Israelites true God.

I enjoyed being able to fit some of the history of the Bible I know into the story of Rahab that Joan Wolf has created but buyer be warned it is FICTIONAL and while you are reading you may find yourself saying “I don’t think it went down that way, or the Bible never really said that”. As a love story based in Biblical times it was highly enjoyable.

bookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy to write an honest review of this book

Labels: