My husband is not the biggest fan of Roast Beef Sandwiches but I found a recipe for Make-Ahead Roast Beef Sandwiches from Pillsbury and decided to make it for a Church sing. It is super easy. And I even got asked afterwards where did I buy it because it looked and tasted like ones from a store and they wanted to get more. I changed the original recipe slightly. They used roasted red bell peppers and I did not. I also added american cheese slices to one of the sandwiches I made.
1 - loaf of French Bread (cut in half)
1 - lb cooked roast beef from the deli
3 - Leaves Romaine Lettuce
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Mayonaise
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1) in a bowl combine the sour cream, mayonaise and dijon mustard.
2) spread the sauce mixture onto the bread
3) layer the roast beef and lettuce
4) wrap the sandwich tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours
5) when ready to serve cut sub in pieces (you can probably get around 8 pieces depending on how large you cut the pieces)